Mobile health technology, or mHealth, may be a speedily developing considers health care these days, promising to create health care higher and a lot of economical. Consistent with a recent survey, eighty three p.c of physicians within the U.S. already use mobile health technology or mHealth to produce patient care.
- as a result of this is often such a replacement and dynamical field, there’s no set definition for mobile health technology or mHealth. Mobile health technology is that the use of smartphones, tablets and different mobile devices to deliver health care and preventive health services.
But, on the far side formal definitions and theory, wherever will mHealth acquire practice? Health care suppliers use mobile health technology to:
- Access clinical data (e.g., through mobile health apps and mobile-enabled EHRs),
- Collaborate with care groups (e.g., with secure text messaging),
- Communicate with patients (e.g., through patient portals),
- supply period of time observation of patients, and
- offer health care remotely, additionally referred to as telemedicine.
Patients use mobile health technology to:
- Track their own health information through mHealth apps and devices just like the Fitbit®,
- Access their clinical records through mobile-enabled patient portals, and
- Communicate with their suppliers (e.g., through HIPAA compliant e-mail and secure text messaging).
Mobile health technology is additionally a crucial tool in rising the health of patients in underdeveloped nations. In 2011, seventieth of the world’s 5 billion mobile wireless subscribers were in low- or middle-income countries. Mobile health technology permits government health officers to increase their extend to rural or impoverished areas. In fact, eighty three of the 112 member states of the globe Health Organization have a minimum of one mHealth initiative in their country.
- Despite the promise and widespread use of mobile health technology, health care leaders want solutions for variety of distinctive challenges. These challenges embody protective the privacy of patient data shared on mobile devices, guaranteeing the ability of mobile health technology with EHRs and different health technology, and crucial that mHealth apps square measure safest and only.
- Monu Singh holds a degree in Masters in Business Administration, from Pune University, in the field of computer science. He has been active in the industry since 6 years, and has written for various well known publications. His articles have been featured in regional news and as global tech news. His unique style of writing, and in-depth analysis skills regarding the past trends and upcoming scope of opportunities makes her a perfect choice for her designation as an Editor for MarketPRNews.