The global LiDAR market is expected to reach USD 1.34 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The surging acceptance in environmental mapping and automobile safety application arenas is expected to boost the market growth. The increasing acceptance in the construction and architectural segment for monitoring & 3D-modeling applications is further anticipated to bolster the market growth.
The market can be categorized on the basis of application types into corridor mapping, engineering, environment, exploration, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) & others. The ADAS application segment is expected to grow at a remarkable pace owing to the surging incorporation in automotive safety and forward-collision avoidance systems; for instance, in Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) systems to reduce the number of car crashes.
In July 2016, Velodyne LiDAR (U.S.) announced a partnership agreement with Dibotics (France), a Paris-based pioneer in the infrastructure-less and GPS-denied navigation. Dibotics would be providing consulting services to Velodyne customers in the 3D SLAM software segment, where the company would make contributions to the Dibotics platform in augmenting its technology deployed with Velodyne’s 3D LiDAR sensors.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global LiDAR market is estimated to grow significantly over the forecast period due to automation in numerous industries, leading to reduced human efforts and increased efficiency. The technological superiority of LiDAR and several engineering projects of the large magnitude are estimated to trigger the demand by 2024.
- Airborne systems are expected to remain the dominant product segment over the forecast period. The segment is anticipated to gain prominence over the forecast period on account of the surging adoption of aerial mapping devices. Mobile terrestrial scanning is a frequently preferred survey method in monitoring, conservative topography, and geospatial mapping. UAV systems, also popularly known as drone mappers, are a contemporary mapping technique that incorporates LiDAR devices mounted on a drone to conduct scanning & associated mapping operations.
- North America is expected to emerge as one of the leading regional markets owing to the rising R&D spending coupled with high adoption in the automotive sector and environmental scanning & modeling operations. Asia Pacific is expected to witness a substantial growth over the forecast period. The surge in the demand across the product segments is expected to spur the market demand.
- The key industry participants include Velodyne LiDAR, Inc., Leica Geosystems Holdings AG, Faro Technologies Inc., Trimble Navigation Limited, and RIEGL USA Inc. The current market environment is witnessing an intense competition between the key players for achieving the market domination via product differentiation and enhancement of quality.
Grand View Research has segmented the global LiDAR market on the basis of product type, application type, component type, and regions:
LiDAR Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Mobile & UAV
LiDAR Application Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Corridor Mapping
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems(ADAS)
LiDAR Component Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Laser Scanner
LiDAR Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, the company offers market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries including technology, chemicals, materials, healthcare and energy.
For more information visit – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/