At the CES 2018 in Las Vegas, a southern portion of the San Francisco Bay Area start-up has expanded a new age group of selfies. A face-scanning solution is given by Bellus 3D for Android smartphones and tablets.
This Bellus3D Camera pro is a 3D face scanning camera that is made for self-scanning. Users just must attach the Face Camera Pro to their mobile phones and rotate their head from left to right then it starts generating 3D face models.
In only few seconds, it measures 500,000 points on our face to design a high-resolution face model. And more importantly, it’s quite accurate. It integrates Depth Shape technology, which rebuild 3D shape of face; and Photo-shape which catch fine face details. We can add a LED ring light to make sure the camera captures our face with perfect lighting and detail.
Depth-shape rebuild 3D shape using an infrared structured-light depth camera made for close range detecting at up to 0.4mm resolution with submillimetre correctness.
PhotoShape influence mobile device’s front-facing camera to capture face details such as skin pores and wrinkles. An optional LED ring light make sure user’s face is captured with favourable lighting and colour every time.
The company’s eyesight is to conduct affordable and easy 3D face modelling. Company’s CEO Eric Chen said that the “existing 3D scanners on the market are either too costly or not create for high-resolution face detection. Bellus 3D Face Camera will be a game changer that permit many new 3D face implementations to appear.
The camera only works with the existing Android mobile devices. The data it captures is streamed and processed through device’s USB port. And here are some of the specifications:
- Two 1.2MP Infrared sensors
- One 1.2MP Colour sensor
- Support external colour camera from 2MP to 20MP
- Two Infrared Laser structured-light projectors
- Working range: 25cm to 1m (optimal for face scanning at 30-60cm)
- USB connector (powered by mobile device)
- Dimension (w/o Ring Light): 118mm(w) x 28.5mm(h) x 20mm(d)
- Optional LED Ring Light attachment
- Android device SDK for capturing and processing (inquire about supported devices)
- Monu Singh holds a degree in Masters in Business Administration, from Pune University, in the field of computer science. He has been active in the industry since 6 years, and has written for various well known publications. His articles have been featured in regional news and as global tech news. His unique style of writing, and in-depth analysis skills regarding the past trends and upcoming scope of opportunities makes her a perfect choice for her designation as an Editor for MarketPRNews.